The blog where I rant about things that should be obvious to everyone


Saturday, February 11, 2017

Stop calling the left hypocrites

When I was playing basketball in high school, my coaches repeatedly beat into my head that I needed to take a pump fake when getting the ball passed to me in the post.  As is I was just turning and shooting a contested shot that would either miss or get blocked.  But eventually my coach’s instructions started working, and I began to robotically pump fake every time I got the ball.  Most of the time that worked great because my defender was pressed against my shoulder, and as soon as they jumped I could draw an offensive foul and or shoot over them.  But sometimes the defender wasn’t set when I got the ball, and a pump fake just gave them time to recover.  I had to learn that the point of any sort of ball fake, whether it’s a pump fake, pretending to pass to an empty spot on the court behind the defender, or looking at an empty space on the court like there is someone there, the point is to get a defender who is playing good defense be tricked into playing bad defense.  

When liberals cry racism, all they are doing is robotically throwing a pump fake.  Ending racism is not their goal, and never has been.  It’s just empty space they want you to defend.  They’ve learned to do it because it works.  They say that we can’t have voter id laws because they are racist.  Conservatives then respond that black people know how to get photo ids, and thinking they can’t makes Democrats the real racists.  And while the liberal media has everyone pretending that racism an issue massive voter fraud takes place.  

And the truth in this case is that calling democrats the real racists is wrong anyway.  They don’t believe that black people can’t get photo ids either.  They just want unrestricted voter fraud.  

So while there are exceptions where calling democrats out on their bigotry and hatred is good rhetoric, for the most part saying things like “Democrats are the real racists” is just biting on a pump fake.  

1 comment:

  1. Saying "Democrats are the real racists" also fails, because it cedes several important assumptions to liberalism:
    1. That racism is coherently defined as a concept. (it is not.)
    2. That being racist is a bad thing. (it is not, given a definition of "someone who discriminate based on race")
    3. That we should care about the insults of our enemies in the first place.

    By not contesting these fundamental premises, the debate is lost before it is begun.

    ReplyDelete