The blog where I rant about things that should be obvious to everyone


Monday, August 1, 2016

Reviving the blog

A number of writers that I greatly admire say that they write because they have to. They have something inside of them that they simply have to get out, and won't feel right unless they do. Unfortunately I'm not like that. Writing for me is a chore. Like doing dishes or washing clothes. So when I hit a point where everything I had to say was simply a regurgitation of what other bloggers were saying and saying better than I ever could anyway, I stopped feeling the need to write.


I'm reviving the blog for a few reasons. First is that I've passed through a phase of being a student, and have started to have some original thoughts again. Second, is that I've come to the realization that even if I'm doing nothing but regurgitating, different people will respond to different wave lengths, so my regurgitated writing will most likely be useful to someone, even if I wouldn't personally find it that great. And lastly is that I just this morning felt God ask me to start writing again. And when the creator of the universe asks you to do something, it's a good idea to do that thing, even if it feels like a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment